Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Story Book Favorites

My Story Book Favorites

I selected this story because it was the first one to pop up and also the first one that stood out to me. The title alone grabbed my attention and peaked my interest. Hades had always been a character in Greek Mythology I found to be fascinating yet hardly talked about. I loved the structure of the blog that brings me from chapter to chapter seamlessly. The author also did a really good job at the art work he put in the background which went along with the theme of the story. The story itself was gripping and pulled me in from the beginning. It also made me think of Hades in a different light. Instead of the villain he was a king retelling a story. Overall a thoroughly enjoyable read! 

John Martin, Fallen Angels in Hell, from Wikipedia Commons

This story caught my eye because of my fascination with all things wizardry. Upon opening the page I was blown away by the wonderful pictures and web design. I started reading and kind of felt as though the author was pulling from so many different sources of inspiration! She had the British Mythology thrown in with biblical references. Another was when she thought Merlin needed to be baptized due having the gift. One of these was when Morvryn thought she conceived mysteriously. She did not know who the father was. I also like how the author kept the introduction brief and to the point on Merlin's beginning instead of going on a whole other path. 

Merlin (Don Crosby) by Douglas Baulch 


The last story I read was The Brave Hedgehog. I selected this story out of curiosity asking myself why a hedgehog. Upon opening the page I was brought to a home screen of sorts that had a beautiful soundtrack I could listen to while reading the little intro. When I went to the official reading I was kind of shocked that I did not know all these things about hedgehogs....They are some weird creatures that do very weird things such as mating with siblings and eating their children. After the authors introduction I began to read the comments he made regarding Aesop's fables and the story about little Egan. I also enjoyed the soundtracks that he put at the bottom. I found myself clicking on them listening to them as I read the story. They all went along with the story so well. 


Little Hedgehog in a Big City Mr. Pokee

No comments:

Post a Comment