Monday, September 9, 2019

Topic Research Week Three


The three different story book ideas that I have come up with and will be considering are Changelings, Tricksters and or Werewolves.

Changelings- I am still stuck on the idea of taking the traditional changeling stories and putting a twist on them. I believe I have narrowed my stories down even more two three separate stories that I will do. One will include a story where the changeling gets switched out with a dead child to grow to love the family and be with them. Another story will be about a changeling that gets switched out with an evil kings’ child and is changes the fate of the kingdom for the better. The last version is one is a traditional telling of a changeling story where the child is stolen from the parents with a replacement put in its place that isn’t human! My Sources: Changeling Info, Different Changeling Legends, Wiki

Tricksters- For tricksters I am still running along the lines of three separate stories building up to a story that combines the three tricksters. The first three would be about Loki, Coyote, and Anansi. The build up would be in the third story where the three compete for top trickster.

Werewolves- I believe that I would like to stick with two of the first three options and I came up with another one. I would do three stories about werewolves but with a twist. The first story would open with a man who sold his soul for a ring that would change him into someone strong enough to save his family from men who had taken them. This ring would change said man into a beast whenever he put it on, but there will be a cost. The second is a retelling of beauty and the beast where beast is a werewolf. The third one is about a boy who gets changed into a werewolf through an animal spirit taking over his body when he went for a run. The spirit only comes out in great danger to protect him. Source: Werewolves, Human Animals, Book of Werewolves.


Image result for changeling 

No comments:

Post a Comment